3.30.2010

Time Flies....



Where have the past 3 years gone!!  This weekend David gave his first talk in Primary.  He has never been one too be very outgoing and talkative.  In fact most of the time you ask him to do something in front of someone else he will hide his face and refuse to even talk.  Apparently we are past that stage.  He will now talk to any cashier, clerk, or adult that will listen.  When it was his turn to give his talk he skipped up to the microphone and gave his talk.  I stood next to him and whispered to him what he needed to say.  He did SO GOOD!!!  

David has also been working on reading.  I know it sounds crazy but he loves it!!!  He has always loved letters.  Even before his 2nd birthday he was finding different letters on the signs as we drove down the street.  While Abigayle is taking her nap we will 'practice reading' at http://www.starfall.com/  It has been great.  Currently we are learning the 'silent e' concept.  It has been fun watching him learn and realize that he is reading.  


Abigayle is now officially in nursery!!  She has gone the last couple of weeks and she loves it.  She loves playing with all the other kids her age/size.  It has also been nice to be able to sit and enjoy the rest of church with Eric and not have to worry about keeping her entertained.  

This little girl couldn't be more different than her brother.  She runs and climbs everywhere and on everything. She also loves to to play outside in the dirt and the sand.  The concept of using something as a stool to be able to reach something else is still new to David....but not for Abigayle.  She is constantly pulling over boxes, chairs, toys, anything to be able to reach better.  She is quick too!  We were having some friends over for dinner one night and needed to bring some chairs up from downstairs.  By the time I went downstairs grabbed a chair and got back upstairs she was already on top of the table and digging through my centerpiece.


These past 3 years have FLOWN by and I can't believe my babies are getting so big.  We love them both so much!!!  

3 comments:

Pokemon said...

Your two are just so cute. It is fun to read your updates.

I have been visiting your blog for a while but I am not sure if I have ever left a comment or maybe I have, I'm not sure.

But it is fun to see your kids getting so big.

-Paige

vj,kmmn,,nbn,km,.m nbn,nbnk

The Pratts said...

Liz, you are such a great Mom! The kids couldn't get any cuter, I absolutely love Abbi's glasses! It is amazing sometimes seeing them get so big. It seems like Abbi was just a little baby, not doing much at all and now she is a little stylish trend setter running around everywhere! David, the other day when he was showing me all of his favorite places on the website... he reminded me of Emma, he is just getting so big - I love it, I love them both and am so glad we get to be close to you all so we can play as much as possible!

PS: Love the blog background - At least it looks like Spring on your blog!

Unknown said...

I love that last picture! David looks like such a great big brother.