3.18.2010

Sugar Cookies

*I originally wrote this on January 13, 2010*
Today David and I made sugar cookies. He found out huge box of cookie cutters and asked if we could make cookie shapes. Abigayle had just laid down for a nap so we pulled out the cookie cutters. After some intense consideration David finally picked out the perfect shape to make a cookie. The letter 'D'. So I picked a couple more shapes and we were off. He loves to help me cook. He hates to crack the eggs. They make his hands too messy. After some hard mixing we rolled out the dough. He strategically placed his little letter D right smack dab in the middle of the dough. He was SO excited to have mad his very own D for David. While we were waiting for the over to heat up he assigned each of the cookies on the pan to the person who he thought should eat them. He got the letter D and I got the other 4 hearts. I told him that he could eat one of the hearts too. I turned back from checking to see if the oven was heated up to see him shoving one of the uncooked hearts into his mouth. When I asked him what he was doing he said...you told me I could eat a heart. I guess I did say that.

Kind of ironic that he wanted to make cookies today because today is the viewing for my dear sweet Grandma Nielsen. We are using her recipe. She would make these cookies for Valentines Day, Halloween, or any other occasion that called for a great frosting covered cookie. We make fun of my dad because he has been known to go over to Grandma's house and complain that we ate all his cookies. Only to have his Mom make him his very own plate.

I hope once David is a people (his word for grown-up) and has his own family that eat all his cookies he will come over to my house and ask me to make him his very own plate. I love Grandma's cookies and am happy that I will be able to pass them onto my own family.

I love you Grandma and I hope you give grandpa a big hug for me while your out on the boat fishing!

1 comment:

Carie said...

Cute post, Liz!! David is getting so big!