10.23.2010

On year older and wiser too!

Last month Abigayle turned 2!
We can't believe the how fast the last two years have flown by. We didn't do anything too exciting for her birthday. We actually didn't do anything at all on her actual birthday. Eric had to work all day and then we both had scouts that
night. But the next day we invited some family over to have some cake and open gifts. She got a baby doll and stroller from her Grandma T and Grandma Nicholls. From Grammy she got a bunch of play food to go with her new kitchen.


That was her big present from us. I had seen a couple of blogs make these cute play kitchens out of old nightstand/dressers. So my sister Sarah and I decided we would try our hand at it. They both turned out super cute!
Here is the before...
and after...












The pictures aren't the best but I think you get the main idea. On the side is a chalkboard to write on. The front drawer opens up and there to cook the cookies and cakes in. Underneath (behind the purple curtain) is all the play food from my mom. For as easy as it was to make I think it turned out pretty darn cute! (Plus I made it all by myself!)

7 comments:

Gram said...

The kitchen is really cute. She'll have so much fun.

Lyndsey said...

Liz, this is Lyndsey Anderson (Williams). This is the cutest little kitchen. You are so creative, I love it.

The Pratts said...

Great job on the kitchen - it turned out great!

Happy Birthday cute Abi!

Leah said...

Wow, that kitchen is amazing!! So cool.

Cynthia and Bryan said...

2 !! My goodness, she is growing up :) The kitchen is too cute ! You did an awesome job !

sdbroder said...

Happy Birthday! Good job on the kitchen. The raspberry trip looked fun, too. Thanks for posting. It's neat to see how things are going for you all.

Grandma Tii said...

So clever!!!! I love the pots and pans....way to go....she will have hours and hours of fun.