Next we headed over to the 'Little Farm
Hands' exhibit of the fair. David wasn't quite old enough to really get what was going on...but it made for some cute pictures anyway. The main idea of the 'Little Farm
Hands' was to teach the kids the process of how food gets to the grocery stores. First you had to put corn in your basket and go feed the cow. Next you would milk the cow and put a little milk carton in your basket. Then you would go pick and apple, plant and pick some vegetables and put each of those in your basket...and so on. At the end you went and 'sold' your food at the Farmer's Market and with the money you had earned you went to the little grocery store and were able to pick out
a yummy treat. As you can tell from the rash on David's cheek he enjoyed his treat! (it was a granola bar) For those of you who don't know, David get this rash anytime he eats something new. We've talked to his doctors about it and they aren't sure what is causing the rash. It happens with E
VERY new food he tries, but once he has eaten that food for a week or two the rash seems to lessen. The Dr.'s aren't too worried about it because it doesn't seem to bother David (it doesn't itch or get hot or become raised), it is only on his cheek, and 5 min. after he is done eating it is usually completely gone. Anyway....regardless of the rash we had a great time at the fair!
Podcast Interviews with The Nester, 2026
1 week ago
5 comments:
That is so neat that you take David to all the cool places that he has interests in. I bet he was so excited to see animals and do all those fun farming things. He is growing up so big! Also, thanks for posting a picture of Andie and David. That was very kind. I enjoyed the times when they played together. We sure miss you all!
Hey Liz! I am so glad that you found us. I have been wondering how you were doing. Congrats on the soon-to-come little girl, I hope you are not too uncomfortable yet. David is so big now and handsome!
Hi Little David!! Glad you had fun with the goats! That is Andie's favorite word in her animal ABC book. She always yells out GOAT! whenever she sees the pictures.
There's a chance I may not be completely unbiased, but David is such a cute little guy...such wonderful expressions.
It's been forever since I've checked anyone's blogs. Your David is huge and your little girl is almost here now. Crazy!!! Good Luck with everything. I hope you and Eric are doing well.
-Paige
Post a Comment